WHERE THE JOY OF THE LORD IS OUR STRENGTH! Nehemiah 8:10
FBCP's Children's Ministry delivers "Blessing Bags" to Ponchatoula public school students identified as having "food insecurity." (Formerly known as the backpack ministry.)
Would you like to adopt a child for this ministry? For $3 a week, $12 a month, or $45 a semester, you can provide a weekend bag of food that contains 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 2 snacks!
For any questions, contact Mary Beth Crovetto.
We have two regular meeting times:
- Wednesday evenings: From 6:00-7:30 pm, we gather for fun activities and Bible-based lessons. This time block overlaps with many of our Wednesday night activities for adults, including our weekly fellowship meal, Pastor Cranford's Bible Study, and Sanctuary Choir.
- Sunday mornings: FIRST KIDS offers Sunday School for both the 9:30 and 10:45 am times on Sunday mornings. (Worship services take place at 8:15, 9:30, and 10:45 am.)
For our children to grow into healthy disciples, we must be faithful to disciple them! We have developed our mission statement and teacher goals with this simple truth in mind.
Our Mission Statement:
"The vision of the children's ministry is to equip our children with a firm foundation in Christ Jesus so that they may demonstrate love and compassion to others through the wisdom of the Lord."
1. Consistently teach a Bible-based curriculum
2. Establish an active prayer life
3. Provide a safe environment
4. Promote scripture memory verses
5. Encourage commitment to the will of God
ALL volunteers in the children's ministry are required to have an up-to-date background check on file.
CHILDREN ARE A HERITAGE FROM THE LORD, OFFSPRING A REWARD FROM HIM.
Children's Sunday School takes place during the 9:30 and 10:45 services.
Children are absolutely welcome in our worship services! In fact, we encourage parents to make service attendance a family event.
We also provide "Praise Bags" for our little ones- goodie bags full of fun activities like Bible story coloring pages and crayons. Just stop by the welcome center on your way in!
Moms, we've got you covered! If you find yourself in need of some alone time with your baby, ask for our baby care room in the children's building.